Growth & Personal Development
Counselling and therapy can help people who wish to consciously engage in this personal process of self development, not least through greater self awareness (making the unconscious conscious), processing current challenges and moving 'beyond' past experiences- becoming more free, authentic and complete in oneself/relationships.
I’m much more sure of myself and I feel able to take control of my thoughts instead of letting them control me ~ B.W, Guildford
Sometimes insight is enough to elicit change, at other times people may need to negotiate behavioural changes with themselves/others to achieve greater harmony. Therapy can help you understand your triggers and how to deal more assertively with others, so we do not get lost in other people's drama or demands.
"Painful feelings... have their origins in early empathic failure, chronic miss-attunment and the reality of an insufficient holding environment" ~ Matt Lucita
Seek Counselling & Therapy to...
- Explore new/challenging feelings
- Explore choices and options
- Develop self insight and self awareness
- Achievement of a goal(s)
- Overcome feelings of unworthiness, fear or irrational thoughts/feelings
- Investigate new or an increased indulgence in; smoking, drinking, over-eating
- Explore causes of new or increasing negative feelings; anger, sadness, guilt, shame, anxiety, depression, stress
- Decrease feelings of demotivation, apathy
- Reduce helplessness, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts
- Find happiness/fulfilment
- Ease strained relationships
- Stop feeling unheard, not listened to or misunderstood
- Talk to someone confidentially, who is objective
- Be able to accept changes, big or small, in your life
- Voice academic/career concerns
- Increase self confidence, self assertiveness and/or self esteem
- Gain new perspectives
- Share thoughts and feelings with someone