- MSc Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Human Biology with Psychology
- Dip Integrative Counselling (NHS, post graduate level)
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)
- Trained in: Adult individual therapy | therapy for young people 12-24 y/o | Rape, Sexual assault & Trauma Therapy | Addictions counselling |Integrative Clinical Hypnotherapy
Feeling troubled emotionally or disconnected from others?
I am a warm, experienced and centered therapist, offering short term confidential counselling as well as long term therapy in Sompting, West Sussex. My aim is to work collaboratively with you to help you better understand current/past issues of concern and their impact upon your happiness and relationships, to provide you with emotional support and freedom and to align you with your authentic self.
I have a particular interest in 'non dual therapy' and am happy to receive enquires from those who are seeking a blend of therapy and who are open to the exploration of their experience, what is essential to themselves and therefore their ultimate happiness.
How counselling & longer term therapy can help you
- Enhance/repair relationships with self and others
- "Metabolize" stuck/challenging emotions/integrate the 'Shadow' aspects of your personality
- Develop confidence and self esteem
- Become more comfortable alone or in relationship
- Increase self insight and awareness- including defences/patterns of relating with others
- Improve ability to cope with life changes/adversity/challenges
- Cultural identity issues - nationally/internationally
- Embrace change/freedom & responsibility
- Accept particular aspects of self/experience
- Provide new perspectives/insights
- Healthy boundaries: Acceptance/trust vs boundaries with others
- Understand and cope with difficult emotions; grief, anger, sadness
- Help with healing past and current trauma
- Understand and change unhelpful behaviours
- Assertive communication with others
- Acknowledging/accessing a greater range of emotions and responses
- Emotional support/affirmation of your feelings
- Provide additional 'accountability' in order to motivate
- Holistic integration of aspects of yourself/experiences
- Recognise your own strengths and recognise your own needs
- Link defence mechanisms with current patterns of relating/behaviours
- Learn how mindfulness and meditation can bring greater peace and happiness
I am skilled and experienced in the following areas of therapy; young people aged 12 upwards, adult well-being/mental health, addiction counselling (N.B currently only taking people who are in recovery), older people, trauma, self understanding/self awareness, spirituality, short term counselling/longer term therapy, abuse, developmental trauma.
West Sussex Counselling & Therapy
I see clients in a comfortable and quiet therapy room at my house in West Sussex. Easily accessible via the A27 from Brighton & Hove, Horsham, Chichester, Shoreham by-sea, East/West Worthing, Broadwater, Southwick, Portslade, Henfield, Steyning, Upper Beeding, Bramber and other areas in East and West Sussex. I am also available for Skype and telephone sessions.
"Thanks to Zara I have managed to heal my wounds from a very abusive marriage. I now have a new career that brings me so much joy and personal satisfaction" ~ Christine